I made these devilish creatures about two months ago and apparently I forgot to share them with you guys. How rude.
But seriously, these treats are deadly. Yes, it is a dessert but made a little bit healthier. I’ve had a few guinea pigs do some taste testing and they were giving a thumbs up, 5 stars and saliva may or may not have been dripping from their mouths. Either way, you must make these.
It’s my take on the classic turtle. I hope my pictures have progressed from two months ago. So I appologize for the bland, too dark, and un-attractive photos, but I promise these suckers are devine!
- Halved pecans
- Agave Nectar
- Smart Balance ‘Butter’
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut shreds
- Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- First off you want to start with your pecan layer. For each turtle, you want to take 4 halved pecans and point the tips towards each other.
- In a small pot, add a couple tablespoons of agave nectar, a little bit of brown sugar and just the slightest amount of smart balance. Let meld in the pot until liquid golden.
- Drizzle your agave caramel on top of the pecan halves.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- In a small pot, melt your dark chocolate with a teaspoon of smart balance. Once creamy and liquidy, pour mixture on top of your turtles.
- Top with another layer of shredded coconut and one more of melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with a dusting of kosher salt.
- Stick in the freezer and let harden for 1 hour. If you can’t wait, 30 minutes will do.
- Now, stuff your faces!